Kick start your photography and start taking photos everyone will love by booking a 3 hour one to one camera & photography skills session.
"a leading London photography school"
INCLUDED WITH OUR BEGINNER PHOTOGRAPHY TRAINING:
1. 3 hours of personalised one to one tuition with a professional photographer
2. One year of access to our Beginner Photography Online Course to back up and consolidate your knowledge
3. One year of email and phone support after the course
4. Our comprehensive eBook called 'The Fundamentals of Photography' which you can read at your own pace.
The beginner photography training course takes place at Borough Market in central London, full of life & great photo opportunities
- Cost: £175
- Camera - DSLR or advanced compact
- Individual attention guaranteed due to the small class size of 8
Who will I learn from?
Your tutor will be selected from one of our three professional photographers and trainers: Steve Franck, Ellie Kurttz or Andrew Mason.
Where will the training take place?
The training takes place in and around Borough Market, near London Bridge. We will email you with the exact place where you should meet your tutor.
What should I bring?
You should bring your camera, lens(es), memory card and fully charged battery. You can make notes if you like, but we will also send you a set of notes.
How much will I learn?
Because the training session is tailored to your need you will learn at a pace suitable to you. As a minimum you will learn how to use the main settings on your camera, and how to take better photos. If you have more specific questions you can of course ask them. And if you learn quickly you will move on to more advanced techniques and skills during the session.
How do I contact you with questions about this training?
Just give us a call on 02071833220 or email us and we’ll be happy to help.
After completing this beginner course, you will be able to take photos like this:
Beginner Photography Course Content
Following a comprehensive and engaging introduction to photography and clear instruction on how to use your camera, you will spend the majority of the day on London's Southbank using your camera to complete practical exercises under the guidance of your tutor. You will complete the Beginner Photography Course with a thorough understanding of:
- How you should use your main camera settings, and what your camera's menus, dials and buttons control
- Principles including ISO, shutter speed, aperture & exposure
- How and when you should use each shooting mode, including shutter priority, aperture priority and manual mode
- Settings so you can freeze or blur motion
- How you can control depth of field and blur the background
- How to control exposure to create more interesting photos and how to use different exposure modes and exposure compensation
- How to compose good photos and enhance your photography
- Use of your camera's autofocus modes, so you can select a specific point or track moving objects
- Understanding white balance
- When you should use jpeg & raw image quality settings
If, after completing the course, you don't feel confident about taking better photos we'll give you your money back. No questions asked.
Book your personal 3 hour one to one training session with one of our professional photographers and trainers, including online course access, ongoing support and eBook.
Choose from the available dates and book your place.