Focus on your portrait photography skills on our Portrait Photography Course. On this half day portrait photography workshop, led by professional portrait photographer, Andrew Mason, you will discover how to shoot great portraits in a variety of different situations.
Image by Pete Johnson, created on a portrait workshop with Andrew Mason.
Creating great portrait photography is all about building a relationship with your subject, working with light, understanding your camera and composing a good looking photo. By joining this course you will learn techniques to do all of these things, and more.
Image by Jake Longley. Created on one of our workshops.
Andrew will pass on his experience of shooting portrait photography professionally for 10 years. The skills you learn on this portrait photography course will be transferable to taking photos of family, friends and even paying clients who will all benefit from your improved portrait photography ability.
Skills Taught On The Portrait Photography Course
- How to capture personality and character to get a natural portrait
- Composition skills for portraits
- Making the most of natural light including light of different quality and direction
- Working with flash and reflectors to enhance natural light
- How to take good portraits of subjects of different shapes and sizes
- Choosing the background and environment
- How to find and use interesting locations
- Adding character and interest to portrait images
- Camera settings plus lens and equipment choices
We'll have a female model and lighting equipment that you will work with. The session will be very hands on and you'll be photographing the model, getting feedback on your photos, in addition to being taught about portrait photography techniques.
During the workshop you will visit two different locations, both in central London. One is a very natural setting and the other is more urban.
Image by Tania JOnas, created on 36exp a portrait photography training session.
The course is led by Andrew Mason, a professional portrait photographer.
The session starts at 9.30am and finishes at 1.30pm. Cost £125. Limited to 8 attendees.
The location is close to Waterloo in central London, attendees will be emailed with detailed joining instructions.
Choose your date and book now: