Would you like to be successful as a photographer?
Do you want to achieve your photography goals?
What do you need to do to make money as a photographer?
I was asking myself those questions 15 years ago.
Since then, I established a portrait photography business and made my living from photography. I also set up the 36exp Photographers School in 2011 and founded the London Photo Show in 2016.
Covid-19 enforced lockdown left me with some spare time on my hands. So I created a course to help people make money with photography and establish themselves as successful professional photographers.
The course lays down a strong foundation for you to build a photography business or career on. This is based on my own real world experience, best business practices and hours of research that I've done for my own businesses.
It doesn't happen overnight, and it is not a get rich quick scheme.
But, there are things you can do now, that will benefit you for years to come if you do them right.
This is a business focussed programme, aimed at people who want to make some money from photography. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to establish themselves as a photographer in their own right.
A brilliant course that has helped me develop some ideas that have been in the back of my mind for a while. I have always wanted to make a living from photography and this course has progressed me to a point where there is opportunity to make this a reality. A well put together set of webinars taking you through the photography business set up process step-by-step, making sure of some key factors.
- How to use your combination of skills and attributes to give you a unique advantage
- Generate ideas for your own profitable niche
- Long term goal setting
- Summary and assessment of different ways to make money from photography
- The 5 elements of a 'bulletproof portfolio'
- The anatomy of a perfect client
PLUS: 1-1 coaching call to help you identify your strengths, assess potential niches and establish your long term goals
Outcomes of Week 1
- Clear long term goal
- Knowing how you can translate your skills and attributes into something valuable
- Direction on how to develop your portfolio
- Identification of some profitable areas you could specialise in
- What problem do you solve for customers?
- How to create photography that people will pay for
- How to and why you should assess the competition
- Is there a market for what you do?
- The elements of an ideal business model
- Generation and development of your photography business idea
PLUS: 1-1 coaching call to help you create a value for clients, assess your niche and understand your competition
Outcomes of Week 2
- Clarity on your specialism and niche
- Analysis of the market and competition
- Understanding of how to create photography that people will pay for
- The importance of your portfolio
- How to create the perfect portfolio
- Developing a style
- Ways to get images for your portfolio
- 3 positive outcomes you should get if working for free
- How to create your website
PLUS: 1-1 coaching call to help you develop your portfolio in a way that will make you valuable to clients
Outcomes of Week 3
- A plan to develop your portfolio
- Understanding of your style
- Knowledge of how to create your website
- What is marketing?
- What is promotion?
- How to get in front of the right people at the right time
- The 4 ways you will promote yourself and how to choose which to use
- Marketing ideas generation
- How to get found on the web (SEO)
- Social media for photographers
PLUS: 1:1 coaching call to develop your marketing plan
Outcomes of week 4
- A clear idea of your ideal customer, and how to find them
- Marketing plan with defined actions
- SEO checklist and blogging plan
- Four ways to raise your profile
- What makes customers happy?
- Connecting with your customers through your personal brand
- Pricing your work
- Creating packages
- How valuable is your time?
PLUS: 1:1 coaching call to discuss your plan to build your profile and help with pricing
Outcomes of week 5
- Understand how to price your products
- Knowledge of how to create and outstanding experience for your customers
- A plan to build your reputation and enhance your personal brand
- Creating a business plan
- Essential tools
- Managing finances
- Tax and insurance
PLUS: final 1:1 call to summarise and recap on anything we need to
Outcome of week 6
- Creation of your very own business plan
- Knowledge of tools and resources help you grow
- Understanding of tax and insurance
The entire course, including 6 live online lessons and 6 one to one coaching sessions, costs £275
Tuesday 9th June: Live Webinar at 7pm, and the same for the following 5 Tuesdays.
One to one calls will be scheduled on an individual basis.
The webinars will be recorded so you can watch as many times as you like.