Learn more about your camera, find out how to create great shots in challenging conditions, and discover techniques to take your photography to the next level.
The 36exp Intermediate DSLR Photography Course in London builds on your existing photography skills and camera knowledge. You will extend your photographic ability by learning more advanced techniques and finding out more about your camera’s functions so you can shoot in tricky situations and push your photography to a higher level.
Learn how to shoot correctly in challenging lighting and white balance conditions such as this:
Image by Intermediate Photography Workshop attendee Martin Blake.
Subjects covered in this workshop include:
– Understanding metering and how a meter ‘thinks’
– Use of different metering modes such as spot, matrix and centre weighted.
– The difference between jpeg and raw, and why to choose one over the other
– Dealing with low light situations, and shooting at high ISO
– Exposure compensation
– Using filters
– Shooting long exposures
– Understanding and using histograms
– Feedback on current images and troubleshooting
– How to deal with different lighting conditions
– Use and impact of different focal lengths
The workshop is a mixture of theory, demonstration and explanation and the majority of the day is spent on practical exercises where you’ll learn to use more advanced techniques under the guidance of your tutor.
Our Intermediate Photography Course takes place around the Barbican, British Museum and the City. It gives you a great opportunity to explore these areas and shoot in some challenging conditions.
The workshop runs from 10am-4pm.
All attendees receive 6 months of telephone or email support following the workshop.
Cost £125, limited to 8 participants.
Book the 36exp Intermediate Photography Course.