Learn more about your camera, find out how to create great shots in challenging conditions, and discover techniques to take your photography to the next level.
The 36exp Intermediate Photography Course in London builds on your existing photography skills and camera knowledge. You will extend your photographic ability by learning more advanced techniques and finding out more about your camera's functions so you can shoot in tricky situations and push your photography to a higher level.
One of the things you learn is how to shoot correctly in lighting conditions where you can't rely on your camera to get the exposure right, such as this:
Subjects covered in this workshop include:
- How to assess a scene for highlights and shadows so you can get the exposure right
- Use of different metering modes such as spot, matrix and centre weighted.
- Understanding your camera's different autofocus modes
- The difference between jpeg and raw, and why to choose one over the other
- Dealing with low light situations, and shooting at high ISO
- Exposure compensation
- White balance
- Using filters
- Understanding and using histograms
- Understanding, and working with, hard, soft and directional light
- Use and impact of different focal lengths
The workshop is a mixture of theory, demonstration and explanation and the majority of the day is spent on practical exercises where you'll learn to use more advanced techniques under the guidance of your tutor.
Our Intermediate Photography Course takes place the Southbank. It gives you a great opportunity to explore the areas and shoot in some challenging conditions.
The workshop runs from 10am-4pm.
All attendees receive one year of telephone or email support following the workshop.
Cost £145, limited to 8 participants.
Book the 36exp Intermediate Photography Course.