Our Flash Photography Workshop is for you if you’ve always been scared to get your flash out of the bag, and if you’ve used it you’ve never been particularly happy with the results. After completing this course you will know how your flash works and how you can use it to achieve good results.
Image by workshop attendee, Kathi Archery.
You will be shown how to use on and off camera flash to create both natural and dramatic portrait photos on our Flash Photography Course in London. We cover the basics of using flash so you fully understand how to use it, and then go on to create photos using flash, inside and outside using both on and off camera flash. Topics covered will include:
– How to use flash to get results you’re happy with
– Flash settings and what they do, including zoom, TTL and manual
– How your camera setting affect flash including shutter speed, aperture, ISO and sync speed
– Fill flash and flash exposure compensation
– How to balance ambient light with flash
– Bouncing flash off ceilings and walls – how and why
– Working with off camera flash
– How and where to position lights in relation to your subject and the environment
– Off camera flash lighting set ups for portraits including main, fill and hair light
– How and when to use reflectors, diffusers and umbrellas
– Adding interest to shots using flash
– Lighting the background
– Combining movement with flash
On this lighting course, we work with a model, and visit different locations, outside and inside, to create a set of portraits that will help you fully understand how to use on and off camera flash to achieve excellent and consistent results.
Image by workshop attendee, Wilfried Haubenberger.
You will need a camera with manual mode and, and you will need your own dedicated flash unit. Please contact us if you have any questions about this and if you have an camera other than a Nikon or Canon SLR. This is a hands day, you will be taking photos most of the time.
Limited to 6 places.
Cost – £125.
The flash photography workshop runs from 10.30am-4.00pm, and takes place in central London. Click ‘register’ below to see the address. Attendees will be emailed with detailed joining instructions.
You might also like our
Studio Lighting Course