Here at 36exp we use Adobe Lightroom for 99% of our post-production work. It is the best solution for organising, finding, distributing and editing photos. It's inexpensive and it works really well.
Top reasons to use Lightroom:
• It's a powerful, yet simple, way of organising your photos so you can quickly find any photo (once you set it up properly).
• It's a very good and quick image editor which enables you to make your photos look extra good.
• You can easily share photos by creating books, emailing photos, or upload to the web straight from Lightroom.
On this 3 hour workshop you'll discover that Lightroom is easy to use and makes a powerful improvement to your images and your workflow
Lightroom Course Content:
- Image editing basics including understanding of image file types and resolution
- How to set Lightroom up so it all runs smoothly and puts you in a very good position to manage your photos in the future
- How to store and organise your images in Lightroom so you can always find the images you need
- Creating a catalogue
- Importing photos from your camera or from your hard drive
- Keywords, rating, flagging and creating a workflow so you can easily select and work on your best images
- Editing both the entire image or parts of the photo with sliders, brushes, graduated filters and spot healing
- How to enhance and correct contrast, curves, saturation, sharpening, white balance
- Developing your photos by adjusting shadows, highlights and clarity
- How to work with and save editing presets
- Black and white conversions
- How to edit whole batches of photos
- Creation of collections and smart collections
- Techniques for certain types of photos such as portraits and landscapes
- Exporting photos from Lightroom for email, prints and web
Once you delve in there are thousands of features. The aim of this workshop is to set you up properly with Lightroom and give you a solid foundation to build on.
Here's a photo that's been edited in Lightroom to bring the best out of it:
You'll need to bring a laptop with Lightroom installed and some images, ideally raw files. Lightroom can be a trial version.
The workshop starts at 6pm, finishing at 9pm. Location - Westminster Room, The Bridge, Southwark. Attendees will be emailed with detailed joining instructions.
Book your place: