Take to the streets of London and really engage with your photography on this Street Photography Course.
On the 36exp Street Photography Course you will spend the day shooting street photography with 36exp tutor Steve Franck. Steve's work has been recently been featured by the BBC.
You will work towards developing your own street photography style and will learn techniques which enable you to capture images of people and places that tell stories, ask questions and create a reaction.
The philosophy behind the course is to progress you from simply recording people and places. We want you to make pictures, not take pictures, by slowing the process down and considering the many alternatives to the immediately obvious.
In a small group you will learn and practice:
- How to analyse what goes into your shot to achieve photos with impact and interest
- How to build narrative and tell a story with your photos
- Guidance and practice on creating street portraits
- Effective composition and exposure techniques for street photography
- Practical considerations including what camera and lens equipment you should use, what you should wear, and how you should behave
- Shooting techniques so you are ready to capture fleeting moments
- Information on legalities surrounding the subject
- Discussion on what makes good street photography
- How to develop your personal style of street photography, advice on creating a series of images and working on a personal project
The workshop begins with a short talk and discussion on street photography, but the majority of the day is spent out with your camera, learning and creating images.
You are supervised, in a small group, by your tutor who will help you achieve your individual goals for the day, provide ideas, exercises, guidance and technical know how so that you will learn how to take more interesting, rewarding and street photos.
The workshop takes place around the Bankside area of London and will visit the Southbank and Borough Market.
Limited to 5 participants.
The course runs from 10.30am until 4pm and starts in a cafe near Borough Market. Attendees will be emailed with joining instructions.
Choose your date and book a place now:
"Just wanted to say thanks again for a great day on Saturday - it felt very creative, and as someone who has previously only ever been out shooting alone, I really liked being part a group."
"Thanks again for the day, everything I'd hoped for and a lot more."