Learn to work effectively in a photography studio on our one day Studio Lighting Course and get some hands on experience with studio lighting.
Image by studio workshop attendee, Foster Congrave.
Our one day Studio Photography Workshop provides you with practical skills so that you become competent at working with studio lighting. The topics covered in the workshop include:
- Operation of studio lights and setting up your camera to work with them
- Using a light meter to calculate exposures
- Light modifiers and accessories, including softbox, beauty dish and reflector
- Creating or reducing shadow with reflectors and polyboards
- Working with white, black and grey backgrounds
- Lighting the background
- Lighting set ups with one, two, three and four lights
- Main, fill, butterfly, clamshell, broad & short lighting
- Choosing the correct lighting for your subject
- High key and low key lighting set ups
- Flagging light
- Separating the subject from the background with rim lighting
- Lighting hair
- Creative lighting including narrow depth of field and using movement
- Studio portraiture techniques and posing, plus beauty lighting
- Recreating studio shots based on the lighting used in magazines
Image by studio workshop attendee, Jamie Peel.
There will be lots of opportunity for you to shoot during the workshop and you can use the images in your portfolio.
The workshop is run by a professional portrait photographer with a female model.
We use a photography studio which has black, white, grey and coloured backgrounds, four studio lights and a variety of light modifiers, which is ideal for portraiture.
All lighting equipment will be supplied by 36exp.
You will need a digital SLR camera with manual mode and need to know how to set ISO, aperture and shutter speed.
Limited to 8 participants.
Cost – £125.
Location – Seamless Studios, London. Click ‘register’ to see the address.
Book the Studio Lighting Course.
You might also like our
Flash Photography Workshop